CellSafe packaging was engineered by CellBlock FCS to provide safe transportation of lithium-ion batteries and cells (EV batteries, tool or device batteries, batteries or cells destined for recycling) and products that containing lithium-ion batteries (cellphones, tablets, and laptops). As such, these highly effective lithium-ion battery shipping solutions are UN certified and have earned special permits from the U.S. Department of Transportation. CellBlock’s special permits boast the most impressive and useful latitude in the industry due to the strength of the testing data. There are two distinct special permits:
DOT SP 20549
This special permit covers the drums, pails, and metal cases. These products offer active fire suppression with CellBlockEX Technology. Features of permit include:
- Ship up to 300Wh batteries.
- Ship up to 132 pounds (60 kg) of damaged/defective batteries.
- NO inner packaging or terminal protection when instruction requirements are followed.
- Co-mingling of DDR (damaged, defective, recycled) and non-DDR lithium-ion batteries.
- Ship unlimited quantities of non DDR batteries.
DOT SP 21442
This special permit covers the CellSafe Max drums and pails. These products offer active fire suppression with CellBlockEX Technology. Features of permit include:
- Ship lithium-ion batteries rated up to 1800 Wh including damaged/defective/recalled (DDR).
- Exemptions from training, paperwork, marking and labeling (49 CFR, subparts C through H of part 172).
- Ship multiple DDR batteries per package.
DOT SP 20910
This special permit covers the CellSafe Envelope Kit, which makes use of CellBlock’s proprietary textile, which has been rated for temperatures in excess of 2000 ℉ (1093 ℃).
- Ship up to 185Wh damaged/defective batteries.